Prawn and egg fried rice recipe. This speedy fried rice is full of fresh Asian flavour.
* 2 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
* 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
* 2 small red chillies, seeds removed, chopped
* 6 spring onions, finely shredded
* 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
* 400g peeled green prawns, tails intact
* 200g white rice, cooked to packet instructions
* 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
* 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
* Coriander leaves (optional), to serve
* Lime wedges (optional), to serve
2 Method / Steps
Heat 2 teaspoons sunflower oil in a wok or large frypan over medium- high heat. Add the egg and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until softly scrambled. Remove egg from the pan and set aside.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons sunflower oil to the pan, then cook chilli, spring onion and garlic, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes until opaque. Return egg to the pan with rice, soy, sesame oil, sweet chilli sauce and peas, then cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes to warm through. Garnish with coriander and serve with lime wedges, if using.
source – news365coza