Easy tuna Caprese pasta recipe. Take the flavours of Caprese salad and add gnocchi and tuna for a quick, easy and budget-friendly dinner.
– 500g packet gnocchi
– 425g can tuna in oil, oil reserved, flaked
– 1 red onion, finely chopped
– 4 garlic cloves, crushed
– 1 long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
– 1 tbsp drained baby capers, rinsed
– 400g tomato medley mix, halved
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1/2 x 220g tub bocconcini, drained, torn
– 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
3 Method / Steps
Cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat reserved oil from tuna in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add capers. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add tomatoes. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Add gnocchi, flaked tuna and olive oil. Toss over low heat for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add bocconcini and half the basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Serve.
Source – Tastecomau