Connect with us

Entertainment

Reason Behind Gangsta Boo’s Death

Published

on

Gangsta Boo‘s cause of death has finally been revealed, more than six months after her sudden and tragic passing.

According to Action News 5, the Memphis rapper’s death was ruled an accidental overdose per an autopsy report that was released on Wednesday (June 14).

Gangsta Boo

The report claimed she overdosed on fentanyl, cocaine, and ethanol (alcohol).

Gangsta Boo (real name Lola Chantrelle Mitchell) passed away on New Year’s Day at the age of 43. She was discovered unresponsive at her mother’s home in Memphis and pronounced dead at the scene.

Following her death, Gangsta Boo’s mother issued a statement about her daughter’s untimely demise.

“The Mitchell family would like to thank everyone for their condolences regarding the untimely death of Lola ‘Gangsta Boo’ Mitchell,” she told FOX 13 Memphis at the time. “The family is asking for your continued prayers and privacy as we process the loss of our loved one.”

Gangsta Boo

Earlier this year, it was announced a posthumous Gangsta Boo album will be released on August 7 on what would have been the rapper’s 44th birthday.

Run The Jewels, Latto, Skepta, La Chat, and Crunchy Black are expected to feature in the project, with production coming from Drumma Boy, Nick Hook, and El-P. Metro Boomin and BeatKing are also rumored to be involved.

TMZ reported that DJ Paul and Juicy J — founders of Boo’s former group Three 6 Mafia — were also considering contributing to the project.

Gangsta Boo’s partner and Marriage Boot Camp co-star Emmet Flores recently developed a clothing brand to honor her legacy.

Gangsta Boo

90 percent of the proceeds are going directly to her mother, Veronica Mitchell, with the other 10 percent going towards student tuition at Memphis’ Stax Music Academy.

“My daughter Lola was my only baby girl,” Mitchell said. “I was so proud when she would rap as a little girl. She became the Queen of Memphis.

“My baby is loved by people everywhere, and it all started at home with us. That’s so amazing to me. It makes me smile ear to ear. God brought her home to be with her daddy Cedric and her brother Derron.”

Gangsta Boo

She added: “I miss her, but I know she’s happy with them. I’ll always remember telling her, GO GET THEM DOLLAS, but I had no idea how many people would love my baby girl. I’m grateful all y’all support my daughter. Thank you.”

Source-Fakazanews

In Other News- Keke Palmer Speaks On Discrimination Over Pumping Breast Milk At The Airport

Keke Palmer has called out Houston Airport for allegedly being threatened with the confiscation of the breast milk she’d pumped.

Keke Palmer

On Monday (June 12), the outraged singer and actor took to Twitter to address the situation, calling out those who “ruined” her mood. Learn more

Trending

Copyright © 2020