While you may have put a lot of effort into curating that rugged look, nowadays, kempt is the new cool. The ‘rough around the edges’ look is about as we are progressive brand and statement could be viewed as stereotype. But more than that, unkempt curls, chipped nails and chest hairs longer than the hairs on your head speak volumes about your commitment to keeping yourself well groomed.
Taking care of your skin and body is an essential aspect to looking and feeling good. So, we’re sharing our top grooming tips for men, so that you can take on the day feeling comfortable and confident in skin that’s cared for.
There is no denying the effects of winter on your skin can be damaging. Winter’s harsh elements like chilly winds, freezing temperatures, and interior heat can be disastrous for your skin.
What is men grooming?
In essence, it is the process of taking care of one’s appearance by means of hair removal, skincare, and other personal hygiene practices. It’s not just a matter of shaving your beard or using a facial scrub; there are many different aspects to consider when it comes to men’s grooming.
Why do men need grooming?
Some people might say that it is not, but there are many reasons why men should groom themselves. Male grooming not only makes you look better, but it can also make you feel better.
1. Take your showers seriously: General winter dryness and the multiple layers of clothes on you aren’t helping your skin stay clean. You need to use a gentle shower gel that isn’t ripping off moisture from your skin but cleaning deeply also if you are brave enough use lukewarm water as opposed to hot steamy showers as hot showers cause dryness.
2. Moisturise: With a great shower comes great dryness so moisturise yourself regularly and properly. Use a good nourishing body lotion and a face cream. Your room heaters and the long time spent indoors are adding to the skin damage. So do your skin the favour of hydration and moisturization. On that note make sure to drink lots of water too.
3. Sunscreen: A good sunscreen helps to reduce pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles associated with exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays. So every time you step outside or if you spend a lot of time next to a window, layer on a high SPF sunscreen to protect your skin from sun damage and keep it looking healthy.
4. Signature fragrance: It should come as no surprise that having a signature fragrance made it onto our list of men’s grooming tips and tricks. Your scent leaves a big impression on everyone you come into contact with. So make sure your fragrance makes the right kind of statement by choosing a classic scent that compliments your style.
5. Shaving: It is an essential part of any men’s grooming guide as it lets you tidy up unruly fuzz and excessive hair strands that may have been hiding your good looks. While shaving is important, it can irritate your skin and cause it to become sensitive. So, your shaving technique and the products you use are equally important in helping you achieve a clean shave. Whether it’s a messy mop of hair, bushy pits or a bit of facial fuzz, keep it under control by shaving regularly.
source – Dove