This delicious low-calorie tuna pasta is just 249 calories per serving.
Tender chunks of fresh tuna seared gently on the pan. Tossed with wholewheat pasta and green beans. Coated in a low-fat cream cheese-based sauce infused with garlic and pepper. This recipe takes just five minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook.
– 45g wholewheat pasta twists
– 1 clove garlic, peeled
– 75g green beans
– Spray oil
– 100g fresh tuna
– 25g tub low-fat cream cheese,
– 3tbsp skimmed milk
– Salt and pepper
* Cook the pasta twists and garlic in a pan of boiling water for 7-8 mins. Add the beans to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 mins, until the pasta and beans are tender, then drain.
* Heat a non-stick frying pan, spray lightly with oil and sear the tuna on all sides, then remove the tuna from the pan and cut it into chunks.
* Add the cheese and milk to the hot pan. Stir in the pasta and beans, season, then stir in the tuna and serve.
Top tips for making low-calorie tuna pasta
You could easily swap the fresh tuna for tinned tuna instead as it would work just as well and requires no cooking.
source – cooking365coza