A perfect light lunch Boxing Day salad that still has plenty of festive flavours, without the stodge.
Overindulged a little the day before? This fresh, zesty Boxing Day salad is exactly what you need to get you feeling yourself again. Mixing the bright, palette cleansing flavours of orange and cranberry juices into the dressing is the key. It lifts the flavour of the turkey, turning yesterday’s leftovers into a feel-good food.
– 300g mixed salad leaves
– 350g cold cooked turkey, cut into small chunks
– 100g firm blue cheese, cubed
– 50g pecan nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
– 75g dried sweetened cranberries
For The Dressing:
– 4tbsp olive oil
– 1tbsp fresh orange juice
– 1tbsp cranberry juice
– 2tsp runny honey
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* Arrange the salad leaves in a large serving bowl. Scatter over the turkey chunks, cheese, chopped pecans and dried sweetened cranberries.
* To make the dressing, place the oil, cranberry and oranges juices and honey in a jug. Whisk together until blended. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
* Just before serving pour the dressing over the salad and toss together gently.
source – cooking365coza