Make this colourful BBQ pumpkin salad your go-to Christmas side, just perfect for al fresco dining!
– 1 bunch baby beetroot, ends trimmed
– 600g Kent pumpkin, cut into thin wedges
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 red onion, cut into wedges
– 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
– 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme
– 1 tsp caster sugar
– 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
– 120g pkt Baby Rocket
– 2 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
– 100g goat’s cheese, crumbled
4 Method / Steps
Preheat oven to 180°C. Wrap each beetroot in foil. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 30 mins or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly. Wearing gloves, peel the beetroot. Halve or cut into wedges.
Meanwhile, heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Brush the pumpkin with a little oil. Season. Cook on the grill for 2-3 mins each side or until tender. Transfer to a plate. Cook onion on the grill for 2 mins each side or until tender. Transfer to the plate.
Place vinegar, thyme, sugar, mustard and remaining oil in a screw-top jar. Shake until well combined. Season.
Arrange the beetroot, pumpkin, onion and rocket on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with pepitas and goat’s cheese.
source – cooking365coza